How OTT (Over ott video platform ) is Revolutionizing Viewing Experience & Changing the Future of Entertainment in India?
India has been a television household for the longest time since the internet commenced it is suppressing cable television. In fact, people are preferably watching TV shows, matches, web series, mini-programs and movies online which is proof that OTT content is wooing a broad category of audiences fantastically. Even the audience who are fans of old-age drama now gradually liking new-age content and moving towards digital and OTT platforms.
OTT players facilitate people who think of the play, pause, forward, rewind, and control the viewing experience as per their own convenience. Do you have any idea regarding how many channels you subscribe each month via a cable provider? Well, it may be around 150 channels and a maximum of up to 300 channels. The question is how many of all these channels you watch often. None of us would have ever spent more than ten minutes with every channel that we have subscribed to, but the fact is we still pay for the bulk.
Watching only favourite shows when you want would be the best possible solution to this problem. And this is what OTT platform offers you, while they stream your favourite programs, films, over-the-top delivery of television channels, OTT platforms deliver the film, media, and TV content via the Internet without any additional subscription for satellite or traditional cable pay.
Be at home, or any other place, or even in transit mode, one can watch their favourite shows anytime on a smart TV, laptop, as well as mobile phones. As the viewing experience is changing and evolving there are a multitude of shows that are also experimenting with unique storytelling. Screenwriting has been revolutionizing and successively altering the way we perceive cinema and entertainment.
What you are witnessing now is a part of the webspace and digital streaming/OTT platforms revolution that have enabled. Here is how cinema, TV, and viewing experience in the last few years give content creators a new canvas to experiment with.
● Freedom to choose what you want to watch a film, a series, or a story.
● You could also choose your own ending to a story
● Viewers can stuck on repeat their favourite scenes or plots
● Can have multiple perspectives to the same series/story
● Short-form shows are available to watch during breaks
● Breaking the language barriers
● Facilitates catch-up options, and large part of control of watching compared to television
● Device convenience---available across various internet-enabled devices
● Content from across the world
● Watching sports made easy & live streaming
● Original content-most VOD and OTT platforms offer their entire catalog-including premium content
● Feedback & chat rooms
OTT platforms have made it possible for audiences worldwide to watch and appreciate regional and local shows from varied parts of the world. There are shows that are being recognized and backed by a massive audience and OTT streaming services have helped shows/web series/stories in getting worldwide viewership. OTT players are just not delivering content and entertainment but also help connect with various cultures across the world as well.
mail id: [email protected]